Friday, September 02, 2005

All Hail the God of Online Criticism

Traffic to this site has more than doubled since my friend Nick Davis linked to it yesterday. It's an honour to be sharing the same Internet with this man, whose astonishingly addictive reviews site has been the chief inspiration for this blog as well as a daily stomping ground of mine for some while. It won't take eagle eyes to spot that I've blatantly cribbed his gradings system, for starters, but that's very much the tip of the iceberg, influence-wise: he's my favourite prose stylist this side of a small handful of old dead guys. Whenever I'm stuck in mid-sentence and a point just isn't coming out right, I ask myself, "How would Nick put it?" or look to one of his peerlessly articulated long reviews for help. Nick, you rock! And, any other stray readers, why are you wasting your time here? Get thee now to Nick's Flick Picks. You won't want to leave.

No comments: